Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Idea

I was sitting in a lecture yesterday, and my lecturer kept making these absurd assumptions that the class knew how to do all these incredible things. When it was suggested to her that we might not know how to construct a staircase (I'm in first year) or polish concrete, she said that we should just open the yellow pages and look up some businesses and ask them how they do it.
So I figure, why doesn't just one person do all the running around and everyone else just check this blog to find out how things get done...

You know, the kind of things that are assumed knowledge, or that everyone else seems born knowing but maybe you stayed home from school that day and never caught up. I know my biggest problem is estimating distances because I took a month of school in year 4.

My point is, I want to get people who KNOW what they're talking about to give us some clues as to how these things get done. Maybe next time you walk up a polished concrete staircase you'll understand my frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment